The UBC War Memorial Gymnasium is located in the centre of the University of British Columbia Point Grey campus, adjacent to the Nest (the new Student Union Building), the Robert H Lee Alumni Centre, the Student Recreation Centre and the UBC Aquatic Centre.
The gymnasium accommodates up to 2,862 spectators, and measures 160 feet in length. This facility can be used for various sports, including basketball and volleyball.
- Gymnasium can hold up to 4 volleyball courts and features a main basketball court
- Full service dressing rooms and showers
- Public address system
- Lobby area is over 3,200 sq ft, ideal for refreshments, exhibits, etc…
- On-site meeting space rentals available
- Length of gym: 160 ft
- Width (bleachers in): 94 ft
- Width (bleachers out): 69 ft
- Ceiling height: 31.5 ft – this does NOT include the speaker cluster that hangs down approximately 6 feet at the East end of the Gym.
- Total Square Footage: 15,000 sq ft of floor space
Gymnasium Seating Capacity:
- Permanent Seating: 2,222
- Expandable Bleachers: 600
- Floor Seats: 40
- Total seating capacity: 2,862
Meeting Room Square Footage:
- Lobby: 82’ x 40’
- Room 100: 30’ x 30’
- Room 206 & 208 (together): 50’ x 20’