As part of the plans to upgrade some of the fields in Thunderbird Park for the National Soccer Development Centre, Ken Woods is now complete with new artificial turf. The upgrades to the field include:
- changing the name from Wolfson West to Ken Woods Field,
- converting from natural grass to artificial turf,
- removing the wooden light poles and replacing them with ones from Varsity field,
- a new 8-foot perimeter fence,
- spectator bench seating along the west edge of the field,
- and removing existing foliage for increased sight-lines onto East Mall.
These new upgrades will allow participants multi-functional use of the field throughout the year as well as better, more energy efficient lighting on the field itself for enhanced playing in the evening hours.
Completion date: June 2015