Activities & Recreation Centre (ARC)
Situated in the lower level in the UBC Life Building, the Activities & Recreation Centre (ARC) has over 8,000 sq ft of space which complements existing campus fitness facilities. The ARC opened in February 2018 and is focused on creating a comfortable, welcoming, and inclusive environment for those new to fitness and training activities.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2021. Prices do not include GST.
In order to qualify for the UBC Student rate, all participants MUST be current, registered UBC Students.
|Space||Public Rate / Hr||UBC Student Rate / Hr||Full Day||UBC Student Rate / Full Day|
|ARC Lower Level Studio||$110.00||$98.00||N/A||N/A|
|ARC Main Level Studio||$110.00||$98.00||N/A||N/A|
- 8,000 sq. ft of fitness centre space including a large cardio area, squat racks, selectorized equipment, and a circuit training section
- Large functional training space
- 2 multi-purpose studio spaces – 1 on Lower Level; 1 on Main Level (capacities: 45 people)
- Universal change room facilities
- Personal training specific space
- Scheduled studio drop-in with speed and heavy punching bags
- Spin Space – bikes removable to create open studio space
- UBC Parking is a pay by plate system. The closest parkade to the ARC is North Parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
6138 Student Union Blvd
Hours of Operation
January – April
Mon – Fri: 7:00 am – 9:15 pm
Sat – Sun: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Statutory Holidays: 12:00 pm – 4:45 pm
Bookable hours are available outside hours of operation.
Programs & Lessons
Visit the UBC Recreation website for fitness programs and gym schedule.