Activities & Recreation Centre (ARC)
Situated in the lower level in the UBC Life Building, the Activities & Recreation Centre (ARC) has over 8,000 sq ft of space which complements existing campus fitness facilities. The ARC opened in February 2018 and is focused on creating a comfortable, welcoming, and inclusive environment for those new to fitness and training activities.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2023. Prices do not include GST. Rentals of 10 hours or more will qualify for the day rate. Additional hours will be applied to rentals over 10 hours
In order to qualify for the UBC Student rate, all participants must be current, registered UBC Students.
Rate / Hr
Rate / Day
ARC Lower Main Studio
ARC Main Level Studio
- 8,000 sq. ft of fitness centre space including a large cardio area, squat racks, selectorized equipment, and a circuit training section
- Large functional training space
- 2 multi-purpose studio spaces – 1 on Lower Level; 1 on Main Level (capacities: 45 people)
- Universal change room facilities
- Personal training specific space
- Scheduled studio drop-in with speed and heavy punching bags
- Spin Space – bikes removable to create open studio space
- UBC Parking is a pay by plate system. The closest parkade to the ARC is North Parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
6138 Student Union Blvd
Hours of Operation
January 9 – April 30
- Mon – Fri: 6:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sat: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Sun: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Stat Holidays: 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
All dates/times are subject to change
Programs & Lessons
Visit the UBC Recreation website for fitness programs and gym schedule.