Student Recreation Centre (SRC)
Home of UBC Recreation, the UBC Student Recreation Centre offers over 17,000 sq ft of flat space in the upper triple court gymnasium which can accommodate 3-6 volleyball courts (4 championship courts), three basketball courts, 12 badminton courts, or three indoor soccer courts.
Additionally, the facility is an ideal venue for hosting trade shows, large group examinations and a variety of different tournaments. The main level also features a 2,300 sq ft dance studio with stretching bars and a 1,600 sq ft martial arts dojo with matted floor.
The SRC also houses the Birdcoop Fitness Centre which is a full service fitness and weight room facility.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2023. Prices do not include GST. Rentals of 10 hours or more will qualify for the day rate. Additional hours will be applied to rentals over 10 hours
In order to qualify for the UBC Student rate, all participants must be current, registered UBC Students.
Rate / Hr
Rate / Day
All Courts (3)
Triple Court Gymnasium
- All 3 courts: 173 ft (length) by 100 ft (width): 17,300 sq ft
- 1 court: 100 ft (length), 57 ft (width)
- Ceiling: 38 ft at the highest point (sloped ceiling) and 31 ft at lowest point
- Wood floor – 40 ft (width), 55 ft (length): 2300 sq ft
- Maple wood sprung flooring
- 3 mirrored walls
- Stretching bars
- Heavy punching bags
- Capacity: 45 people
- Padded floor – 39.5 ft (width), 39.5 ft (length): 1600 sq ft
- Matted floor
- 1 mirrored wall
- Capacity: 40 people
BirdCoop Fitness Centre
- 8,000 sq ft
- Large selection of cardio machines, weight machines and free weights
- Olympic lifting platforms
- Climbing cave
- 16 person spin room equipped with high performance bikes, sound system and mic
- UBC Parking is a pay by plate system. The closest parkade to the Student Recreation Centre is North Parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
Hours of Operation
January 9 – April 30, 2023
- Mon – Fri: 6:30 AM – 11:00 PM
- Sat – Sun: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
All dates/times are subject to change
Programs & Lessons
Visit the UBC Recreation website for SRC recreational programming.