UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre
The UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre (RITC) is home to the UBC Thunderbirds Baseball Team and is a state-of-the-art indoor training facility located beside the Tourmaline West Baseball Stadium. It is heated allowing a comfortable training environment year round. Designed for baseball, with 4 full-size batting cages and pitching machines, the RITC is the premiere baseball facility in British Columbia. The facility also has the ability to convert and be used for multi-sport training.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2023. Prices do not include GST.
Public Peak Season
Public Non-Peak Season
Rate / Hr
Full Facility - Prime
Full Facility - Non-Prime
Single Batting Cage/Pitching Area - Prime
Single Batting Cage/Pitching Area - Non-Prime
HitTrax System - Practice Mode
HitTrax System - Game Mode
Prime Hours (Sep – Mar)
- Mon – Fri: 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sat – Sun: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Non-Prime Hours (Sep – Mar)
- Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: 8:00 am – 9:00 am, 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- September 1 – March 31
- April 1 – August 31
- 4 full-size batting cages (Astroturf) with dividers
- 1 designated pitching area (Astroturf) with 2 pitching mounds and training equipment
- 4 pitching machines
- 3 HitTrax data capture and simulation systems
- 8 L-screens and 4 pitching targets
- Big screen 9 panel TV in lobby with live video feed of batting cages
- UBC Baseball Team Apparel Store
- Batting area floor space: 160’ long by 32’ wide
- Pitching area floor space: 75’ long by 24’ wide
- There is street parking available along Wesbrook Mall and East Mall. Thunderbird Parkade is the closest parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
Programs & Lessons
Visit the UBC Athletics and Recreation website for UBC Baseball program and camp information and offerings.
Coordinator, Events & Operations (South Campus)