UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre
The UBC Baseball Rose Indoor Training Centre (RITC) is home to the UBC Thunderbirds Baseball Team and is a state-of-the-art indoor training facility located beside the Tourmaline West Baseball Stadium. It is heated allowing a comfortable training environment year round. Designed for baseball, with 4 full-size batting cages and pitching machines, the RITC is the premiere baseball facility in British Columbia. The facility also has the ability to convert and be used for multi-sport training.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2022. Prices do not include GST.
Public Peak Season
Public Non-Peak Season
Rate / Hr
Full Facility - Prime
Full Facility - Non-Prime
Single Batting Cage/Pitching Area - Prime
Single Batting Cage/Pitching Area - Non-Prime
HitTrax System - Practice Mode
HitTrax System - Game Mode
Prime Hours (Sep – Mar)
- Mon – Fri: 4:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Sat – Sun: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Non-Prime Hours (Sep – Mar)
- Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Sat – Sun: 8:00 am – 9:00 am, 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- September 1 – March 31
- April 1 – August 31
Rentals can be requested by calling 604-822-5770 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for booking requests.
- Rentals can be requested 72 hours (3 days) prior to the requested start time.
- Only 1-hr cage rentals available at this time.
- Payment is required in order to reserve the cage. We accept credit card payments over the phone, or we can charge to a credit card linked to a client’s UBC Recreation profile.
- The HitTrax machine must be requested at the time of booking or at least 24hrs prior to the start of the booking. The HitTrax machine is an additional fee and a second payment will be required for the additional charge.
- No cancellations/changes once the cage rental has been booked and paid for (this includes changes to the date/time).
- A credit to account will only be provided in the case of a medical injury where a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Baseballs will be provided (or softballs for slo-pitch rentals).
- Helmets and Bats are available to rent, only 1 helmet per individual and only 2 bats per rental group.
- We recommend that players bring their own batting gloves.
- Cages 1-3 will automatically include the pitching machine with the rental and will be included in the fee.
- Cage 4 does not have any rental equipment available (pitching machine or HitTrax machine) so it is available for slo-pitch.
- A waiver/consent form will be required to be signed during the check-in process.
- No metal spikes on shoes permitted inside the facility.
- No food/beverage/gum, other than water.
- Clients are asked to show up no more than 10 minutes prior to their rental start time (facility is locked at all times).
- Shared equipment (bats and helmets) will be available and will be cleaned in between uses.
- A safety briefing will be conducted inside and outside the cages to ensure all participants abide by the safety rules
- A maximum of 4 individuals may participate in a cage rental. An adult (19+) must be present for the duration of the booking.
- No spectators permitted inside the facility.
- For more information on COVID-19 safety protocols, visit here.
- 4 full-size batting cages (Astroturf) with dividers
- 1 designated pitching area (Astroturf) with 2 pitching mounds and training equipment
- 4 pitching machines
- 3 HitTrax data capture and simulation systems
- 8 L-screens and 4 pitching targets
- Big screen 9 panel TV in lobby with live video feed of batting cages
- UBC Baseball Team Apparel Store
- Batting area floor space: 160’ long by 32’ wide
- Pitching area floor space: 75’ long by 24’ wide
- There is street parking available along Wesbrook Mall and East Mall. Thunderbird Parkade is the closest parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
Hours of Operation
Hours listed are when staff are available to contact by phone and email. Access to facility is by appointment-only due to COVID-19.
June 21 – July 4
- Mon/Wed/Fri: 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
- Tue: 4:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Thu: 4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: 1:30 PM – 7:00 PM
- Stat Holidays: Closed
July 5 – September 3
- Mon/Wed/Fri: 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Tue: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Thu: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Stat Holidays: Closed
All dates/times subject to change
Programs & Lessons
Visit the UBC Athletics and Recreation website for UBC Baseball program and camp information and offerings.