War Memorial Gym
The UBC War Memorial Gymnasium is located in the centre of the University of British Columbia Point Grey campus, adjacent to the Nest (the Student Union Building), the Robert H Lee Alumni Centre, the Student Recreation Centre and the UBC Aquatic Centre.
The gymnasium accommodates up to 2,176 spectators, and measures 160 feet in length. This facility can be used for various sports, including basketball and volleyball.
Prices in effect until March 31, 2023. Prices do not include GST. Rentals of 10 hours or more will qualify for the day rate. Additional hours will be applied to rentals over 10 hours
In order to qualify for the UBC Student rate, all participants must be current, registered UBC Students.
Rate / Hr
Rate / Day
War 100 / Lobby
- Gymnasium can hold up to 4 volleyball courts and features a main basketball court
- Full service dressing rooms and showers
- Public address system
- Lobby area is over 3,200 sq ft, ideal for refreshments, exhibits, etc…
- On-site meeting space rentals available
- Length of gym: 160 ft
- Width (bleachers in): 94 ft
- Width (bleachers out): 69 ft
- Ceiling height: 31.5 ft – this does NOT include the speaker cluster that hangs down approximately 6 feet at the East end of the Gym.
- Total Square Footage: 15,000 sq ft of floor space
Gymnasium Seating Capacity
- Permanent Seating: 1,591
- Expandable Bleachers: 585
- Total seating capacity: 2,176
Meeting Room Square Footage
- Lobby: 82’ x 40’
- Room 100: 30’ x 30’
- Room 206 & 208 (together): 50’ x 20’
- UBC Parking is a pay by plate system. The closest parkade to War Memorial Gym is North Parkade. Visit UBC Parking for more information.
Hours of Operation
September 6 – November 30
- Mon – Thurs: 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: 8:30 AM – 9:30 PM* (Closed on Stat Holiday Weekends)
- Stat Holidays: Closed
All dates/times are subject to change
Facility Operations Staff